Submitted by: Chuck Kipp
Added: September 7, 2007
Duration: >30 minutes
Goal: Score as many points as possible by being the first team to find the scripture mastery reference and retrieve the ?point cups? from the center of the playing area.
? 8-10 plastic cups ? you?ll need extras!
? Black magic marker
? Large playing area ? church cultural hall is okay
? One chair for each class member ? set up in rows (see diagram below)
? Chalkboard or whiteboard for keeping score
? The team receives 50, 40 or 30 points, depending on the point cup they retrieve.
How To Play:
1. Divide into equal teams
2. If you have four teams, use 4 cups and write ?50? on two of the cups, ?40 on one, and ?30? on the last one. I write the number on the bottom, which faces up, and twice on the sides.
3. Set the chairs up in lines as shown in the diagram
4. Place the cups, open side down, in the center of the setup
5. Each team has a ?diver?, a ?goer?, and one or two ?chasers?, depending on the number of players
6. The teacher gives a scripture mastery clue. The ?chasers? find the scripture and raise both hands in the air. When the ?goer? sees that the ?chasers? hands are in the air, he/she says ?Go!?. The ?diver? then retrieves the highest available point cup.
7. Tally the points retrieved on the chalkboard or whiteboard.
8. Every two or three rounds, have the team members switch chairs to rotate responsibilities