Leading Saints' Kurt Francom organized a fantastic virtual summit targeted at teachers and leaders in the LDS Church who want to understand and love LGBTQ+ students and their friends or family in LDS classrooms better. We simply can't recommend this summit enough. By listening to the summit, you'll find help with
- teaching the current positions on LGBTQ+ issues
- being understanding and loving to your students who have friends and family members who are LGBTQ+
- loving your students who are LGBTQ+
- handle questions and concerns about LGBTQ+ issues without compromising the Church's standards
If you only have a little bit of time...
There were dozens of speakers at the virtual summit. If you only have a limited amount of time, you should focus on the presentations given by Chelsea Chapman, who is a CES Teacher, Dave Smurthwaite, who performed a survey of LDS teenagers to find out how teachers can best minister to them in a faithful way, and Tom Brocksome, who is a high school teacher.
How to watch
There are two ways to watch the summit:
- Go to the Leading Saints Virtual Summit Page and sign up to watch one session for free.
- Sign up to become a Core Leader at Leading Saints' Donate page, and enjoy full access to all of the Leading Saints training materials, which include summits on Questioning Saints, LGBT Saints, Teaching Saints, and Meeting Saints.