Submitted by: Chuck Kipp
Added: September 7, 2007
Duration: 10 to 30 minutes
Goal: Score the most points by guessing which scripture mastery card the teacher is holding by using the number clues given.
? Scripture Mastery Cards ? Use the cards on Bro. Kipp?s Seminary Place or use the cards provided by CES
? Chalkboard or whiteboard for keeping score
? 1 point is awarded to the team that correctly identifies the ?hidden? scripture mastery card
How To Play:
1. Divide the class into teams ? 3-4 seems to work best
2. Choose a card from the scripture mastery deck, ensuring that no one in the class can see it. Make sure to keep it hidden throughout the round.
3. Choose ONE number from the reference, chapter or verse ? use single digit numbers only.
4. Announce that number to the class. For example, if you choose Gen. 20:3-17, you could announce 0 or 1 or 2 or 3 or 7.
5. Begin with Team 1 and allow them to guess one reference. If they get it right, show them the card. They then must repeat the reference and the clue for that reference ? This is the learning part!
6. If Team 1 does not guess the reference, go to Team 2 and allow them to guess, etc.
7. Be sure not to put the used cards back in the deck. This helps the teams use the process of elimination to guess the next card and it helps ensure that you review more of the scripture mastery references.
– I also use the mini basketball bucket in this game. For the team that guesses the correct reference, I allow them to shoot one basket for an additional point.
– You could also add chasing to this. When the card has been identified correctly, quickly show it to the class and say, ?Chase!? Award another point to the first team that finds the reference in their scriptures.
– You could also use letters to determine the book.